It’s getting close to that time of year when gifts are exchanged, whether one celebrates Christmas or Chanukah or Festivus or something else. Those of you who are ahead of the game are done with your shopping, but most of you haven’t even started yet.
Well, if one of the people on your shopping list is a fan of the cult television show “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”, today might be your lucky day! I am giving away one copy of “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Chosen Collection” to a lucky commenter.
This 40-Disc DVD special collector’s edition contains the following:
- All seven seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 144 episodes in total.
- All original extras, including cast and crew commentaries, behind-the-scenes featurettes, outtakes, scripts, special interviews, and much more!
- A signed letter to fans from Joss Whedon.
- A bonus disc containing the following:
- Back to the Hellmouth: A Conversation with Creators and Cast – a roundtable discussion with Joss Whedon, Charisma Carpenter, Nicholas Brendon, Emma Caulfield, Danny Strong, Marti Noxon, Doug Petrie, David Fury, Jane Espenson and Drew Goddard.
- Buffy Cast and Crew: Favorite Episodes – find out which episodes remain dear to the hearts of the cast and crew.
- Buffy: An Unlikely Role Model – an analysis of the impact of Buffy and the Tara and Willow relationship on a teen audience.
- Breaking Barriers: It’s Not a Chick Fight Thing – in-depth look at the stunts behind Buffy with never before seen fight footage.
- Love Bites: Relationships in the Buffyverse – sex and Buffy and Buffy and sex!
- Evil Fiends – an examination of the metaphors represented by some of the villains faced by the Scoobies.
How can you win this stupendous DVD collection?
There are two different ways you can enter.
1. Leave a comment here telling me your favorite Buffy moment, OR
2. Write a post on your blog that talks about the contest and links directly to this post (http://www.avitable.com/2008/11/25/free-holiday-gift-giveaway/), then email me at my first name at my last name dot com to let me know.
Each of these methods will give you one (1) entry into the contest, for a maximum of two (2) entries allowed. I will allow entries throughout the Thanksgiving weekend, until midnight EST on Sunday, November 30th. Then I will count all entries and pick a random winner and announce the winner on Monday or Tuesday.
Update: There is a third way to enter!
That’s right – I’ll let you enter a third time if you write my name on your naked chest with anything (chocolate syrup, marker, etc.) and email me a picture that shows my name, your chest, AND your face! I know, I know. I’m very generous.
Here’s my favorite Buffy moment:
You cried because you broke the yellow crayon, and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You’ve come pretty far, ending the world, not a terrific notion. But the thing is? Yeah. I love you. I loved crayon-breaky Willow and I love … scary veiny Willow. So if I’m going out, it’s here. If you wanna kill the world? Well, then start with me. I’ve earned that.
In other Avita-news:
Tonight, due to the Thanksgiving holiday, there will be NO episode of “Clearly, You’re Retarded.” We’ll return next week with a bitingly sharp debate about something that means a lot to Britt and we’ll count how many times she can insult my manliness, intelligence, and humanity.