With the recent changes going on in la vida avitabla, I decided to scrap my old “100 Things About Avitable” list and start fresh, beginning with “Five New Habits“. Today’s post continues the list with “5 Things That Make Me Laugh”:
95. Puns. I know they’re not the highest form of humor, but they still crack me the fuck up. I will always appreciate a nice play on words, especially something on the scale of the “Victor/Vector/Clearance/Clarence/Roger/Roger” dialogue from Airplane!
94. Pretty much anything that comes out of these people’s mouths: Stephen Wright, Steve Martin, Sarah Silverman, Tina Fey, George Carlin, Mitch Hedberg, Conan O’Brien, Bob Saget, Sam Kinison, Rodney Dangerfield, and a slew of others.
93. Self-deprecation. There’s a certain power that comes with making fun of yourself before someone else can. It’s a defense mechanism, for sure, but if I can control what people laugh about, it will make me smile too.
92. Balls. Especially mine. Balls are always funny.
91. Life. When things happen that you just can’t believe, or you get hit with so many things at once, there’s really nothing you can do but laugh.
And “5 Things That Make Me Smile”:
90. Cute animals and kids. Yes, I admit it. Whether it’s seeing a kitten attack a sock or talking with an earnest five year old about Shark Boy and Lava Girl, it’s guaranteed to put a smile on my face.
89. The rain. Sometimes there’s nothing better than sitting out on my back porch while a huge thunderstorm roars and lightning flashes.
88. A smile. There’s something infectious about someone smiling at me. It makes me want to smile right back.
87. A Diet Coke and Peanut M&Ms. It’s like a perfect combination.
86. A catchy pop song. A great beat, fun lyrics, and a cute voice makes me smile and tap my hands on my steering wheel while I drive. It’s one of the reasons I like artists like Ke$ha.
Next time on the Top 100: Top 5 Premature Ejaculation Stories*