This weekend was pretty full, and I’m too beat to try to write a recap, so here is my holiday weekend, bullet style:
- For those of you who purchased raffle tickets to the Piper raffle, we raised $1500 in one week, and I will be drawing the names and announcing the winners tomorrow or Wednesday – basically as soon as I can get my act together and randomly pull 20-something names out of a virtual hat. Thank you to everyone for the support – the blogging community has shown once again what it can do when it works towards a common good.
- Friday night, after a long day of not really working because it was a gloomy, rainy day and I felt like reading instead, a few of us went out until much later than bedtime for old people our age should be. And a potent combination of liquor and Sir Mix-A-Lot occurred:
- Saturday was the birthday of one of the coolest New Yawkahs I know: NYCWD. He turned 108.
Saturday night, I went out to Hard Rock with a friend, and we went to the Hole concert. Courtney Love put on a good show, and anytime you get to hear live music, it’s fun, but the real treat of the evening was the opening act. Foxy Shazam has a really unique sound, and they put on a great show. The lead singer looks like a cross between a young Mick Jagger and the V for Vendetta protagonist, and between running across stage on all fours like the wheelies from Return to Oz, eating cigarettes, and encouraging people to stab him, he was really entertaining. The keyboardist is even more interesting. His name is Sky White, and half the time he was playing, it was with his feet or his face or some body part other than his fingers. At one point, he jumped up on his keyboard with both feet and danced on it, staying in tune! I shot some video, but their official video is much better:
- Sunday was the birthday of one of my favorite Canadians ever, Karen! (And lest I forget, Friday was the birthday of another awesome Canadian, Shannon.)
- Sunday was also the 30th birthday of one of the prettiest men I know, Jared, aka Mister Britt.
- My day Sunday was spent being berated for talking about my divorce, the biggest personal upheaval in my life, on my personal blog, getting told to go fuck myself by an obnoxious client, and feeling very alone. It improved after some dinner at Chili’s and M&Ms that night.
- Today is a special day, because it’s the birthday of the only person I know who makes Pittsburgh seem worth visiting, Becky! She embarks on her very last year before she turns the big 4-0 and officially becomes old.
What did you do this weekend?