1. Do you have any scars? If so, pick one and explain how you got it.
When I was a teen, I worked for my uncle’s window tinting business. We would travel around to homes and install tint (which is important in Florida, to keep the heat out and the AC in). Before we could hang the film on the window, though, we had to clean it thoroughly with a long-handled 12-inch razor to make sure every speck of dirt and dust was off the glass. I wasn’t the most graceful teen, and cut myself so frequently that my uncle nicknamed me “Nick”.
One day, we were at an old lady’s house, working on her sliding glass windows. As I reached up with the razor to clean the top, my knuckle hit the frame, and I dropped the razor, which lodged itself firmly in my hand. My uncle moved quickly, too – not to help me, but to make sure no blood got all over the customer’s white carpet. With a little duct tape and paper towel bandage, I was good to go.
2. What is on the walls of your bedroom?
3. Do you snore, grind your teeth, or talk in your sleep?
I snore, talk in my sleep, sleepwalk, and sleep ninja fight.
4. What type of music do you listen to?
I have very eclectic tastes. I’ll listen to anything from Nine Inch Nails to Billy Joel to Avril Lavigne to Ke$ha to Taylor Swift.
5. What time were you born?
I was there, but I didn’t have a watch on at the time.
6. What do you want more than anything right now?
Three weeks traveling across Europe.
7. What do you miss?
The toilet, when it’s really late at night or if I’ve been drinking.
8. What is/are your most prized possession(s)?
I have some Superman memorabilia that I treasure, and my library of books, comics, and graphic novels has taken a lot of effort to collect. That being said, if I lost everything, the only thing that I’d really, truly miss would be my photos.
9. How tall are you?
I’m a pubic hair shy of 6’0″.
10. Do you get claustrophobic?
You don’t “get” claustrophobic. You “are” or you “aren’t” claustrophobic. And I am. In fact, if I’m kissing someone and they lock their arms around my neck, it makes me push away.
11. Do you get scared in the dark?
At times. I have nightmares and have woken up feeling like something was sitting on my chest. It’s always hard to go back to sleep in the dark at that point.
12. Who was the last person to make you cry?
I think my barber, when she waxed my eyebrows and around my eyes. That shit’s sensitive!
13. What’s your worst fear?
Not leaving a legacy.
14. What kind of hair/eye color do you like on people who you’re attracted to?
I find all hair and eye color to be attractive, but a redhead with green eyes can wrap me around her finger and I wouldn’t even notice.
15. Where can you see yourself proposing?
If I were to propose again someday, it would depend on the person and our history and relationship. A proposal cannot and should not be a generic gesture.
16. Do you like coffee or energy drinks?
Neither. I’ll drink the occasional 5-hour energy shot, but usually I just stick to a Mountain Dew.
17. What is your favorite pizza topping?
Pepperoni. Although chicken and barbecue sauce is pretty damn tasty too.
18. If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?
A 6-ounce filet mignon, medium rare, Oscar style.
19. What is your favorite color?
Black, which isn’t really a color, or red.
20. Have you ever eaten a goldfish?
What is this, college in the 1970s?
21. What was the first meaningful gift you’ve ever received?
I don’t remember. I’m hard to buy for, and most gifts I’ve gotten have been material in nature and therefore not meaningful beyond the fact that someone thought of me.
22. Do you have a crush?
Does a crush mean that it’s secret? Because I usually make it pretty obvious when I think someone’s hot. I don’t do subtlety.
23. Are you double jointed?
I’m barely single jointed. I’m half-jointed.
24. What is your favorite clothing brand?
It’s called “Whatever Fits My Fat Ass”.
25. Who is your favorite female/male celebrity?
My favorite female celebrity is Kristen Bell. My favorite male celebrity is probably Ryan Reynolds.
26. Do you have a pet right now?
No. I don’t want the responsibility of so much as a turtle right now.
27. What kind is it?
28. Would you fall in love knowing that the person is leaving?
You can’t help who you fall in love with.
30. Say a number from 1 to 100?
31. Blondes or brunettes?
Didn’t we already go through this?
32. What is your favorite quote?
“Morality is not respectability,” by George Bernard Shaw
33. What is your favorite place?
Los Angeles. Although I think that maybe my favorite place is still out there, waiting for me to find it.