Blogging is entirely a narcissistic pursuit. After all, we’re talking about ourselves and expecting strangers to read our words and care about anything we have to say. So, what series of top ten lists would be complete without a list of my top blog posts that I’ve written? Maybe you’ll see something that you missed the first time around, or maybe you’ll just enable my idiocy by commenting again. Who knows . . .
My top blog posts of 2011 are as follows, in no particular order:
- The word “nigger” and Huckleberry Finn – This post actually inspired the “Nintendo” bit that I do as a part of my stand-up now.
- Stripped Bare – I’m glad I wrote about wrestling with depression because it helped me get back on track.
- Sarah Palin’s History Lessons – Anytime that I can write something that reads back to me as if it’s in a different speaker’s voice, I’m happy. I read this post in Sarah Palin’s accent and laugh every time.
- How to lose friends and negatively influence people – This was a new level of honesty for me, and it was amazing the weight that was lifted after hitting publish.
- Why Chinese Mothers are superior – So fucking racist, but so fucking funny. Don’t mind if I do pat myself on the back for this one.
- My afternoon with a heroin addict – A sobering look at addiction.
- I Am The Very Model Of A Modern Metrosexual – I would love to be able to perform this parody on stage.
- Is Blood Thicker Than Water? – My views on family and friends and when, if at all, you should choose one over the other
- My Interview with Steve Jobs – This was the best interview I’ve ever written.
- I go to a strip club – for the very first time!
- My expert guides how to become an author, how to make people laugh, and how to write a resume.
- Friendship, pregnancy, and Mormons. And nudity. – My pregnancy photo parody. ‘Nuff said.