After my post three months ago about how TPTB at BlogHer are dropping the ball significantly, I’ve had several people ask if I was even still going. The answer is a resounding “Of course!”
While I think that the leadership of BlogHer is doing a piss-poor job this year of maintaining any level of transparency, falsely encouraging community involvement while foisting their own agenda regardless of popular opinion, I don’t go to the conference so I can be underwhelmed by their inability to effectively organize their way out of a wet paper bag. I go to meet my friends, make new ones, and enjoy the ability to put faces and real names with virtual identities.
Last year’s conference was a blast and completely, utterly overwhelming. I cannot believe how many people there were, and how many bloggers I met. There are plenty of bloggers who I think I met, but can’t even remember – that’s how crazy it was.
This year, since I am a little OCD, anal retentive, and controlling, I thought I’d try to have a better plan to see old friends and meet new ones. So, here is a little survey for you. You can fill it out in the comments or email it to me at my first name at my last name dot com.
1. What’s your name? You can give your blog name, real name, or name you want me to call you in my sleep.
2. Have we met? Don’t be insulted if I don’t remember – I was totally overwhelmed and unless you grabbed my nuts or something, I may have forgotten.
3. Are you going to this year’s BlogHer? If not, do you live in the NYC area and do you want to meet up outside of the conference while I’m there?
4. Do you want to meet me? How much or how little, on a scale of chocolate to 42?
5. Are you a single woman? Do you like fat hairy funny guys? If yes to both, plz send photos kthxbai.
6. Have you been invited to any exclusive parties? Do you want a date? Who totally puts out?
7. Who’s the blogger you’re the most excited to see? If you say someone other than me, it’s okay. I understand that you have shitty taste.
8. Would you have attended a session if I had gotten one like the community demanded? What if I hosted one in my room? Naked?
9. What’s the most private thing you’re willing to share here? I promise I won’t tell anyone.